March 15, 2011

Bo Bunny Vicky B- DT project for Generations Crafting

How in love am I with these fabulous new Vicky B papers by Bo Bunny?  I was able to get two beautiful layouts done and in no time at all..
this first layout is of Amber, of course..LOL  I love these funny faces she makes and I think they are so much fun to scrap.. She will appreciate all of these pages when she is old and gray..LOL
So here is the first layout I made:
I actually colored in those flowers on the bottom left hand corner with just regular chalks and then heat embossed them white.. Once the embossing had cooled down, I rubbed some of Tim Holtz distress ink(worn lipstick) over it and look how cute that looks..
I also found some white prima roses and pink hydrangeous in my stash.  Added a few green leaves and finally some bling & pink ribbon which I tied in little bows.
Here are a few close ups:
The bling are actually "say it with crystal" frames by Prima. I cut one side of the frame into three pieces and placed it randomly on the layout.. seriously, it is randomly..LOL

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then for the second layout I made using the same Vicky B collection...

This layout was so hard to make.. I actually designed it and made it without the photo.. Added the photo at the very last second..
The photo is of my dad, whom you all know recently passed away and this is his second wife , they are getting married.. He looks so handsome in his suit..  This photo was taken about 12 some years ago and this is how I will always remember him, Healthy and Happy..

So, Here is my layout:
I added some string of pearls around the outside of the circle, which is really easy with some Glossy accents.. it dries clear.. woo hoo!!  :)
The pink hydrangeous are Prima and the little white flowers are by ranger.. The leaves I cut using my cricut, some of the green papers from the Vicky B collection and "Childs Year" cartridge..
 The title "Forever" is cut using the "Home Decor" cartridge..
Oh! and I added some of the pearls into the centers of the flowers with some glossy accents.
and for a few close ups:

I tried getting a photo of the actual picture on the layout, but it just kept being too fuzzy.. so, I decided it just wasn't meant to be...

So for the supplies used:

Bo Bunny "Vicky B " collection
cardstock: Cream and brown

Cricut cartridges used:
George: Large circle
A Childs Year: Leaves
Home Decor: Title "Forever"

Prima flowers: White roses and all hydrangeous
Big Leaves: Iamroses.com
Bling: "Say it with crystals" by Prima
 String of pearls: Michaels
Pink ribbon
white crochette ribbon
computer journaling
Martha Stewart edge punch

well ladies I think that about does it for me again for today.. famous last words..LOL
Thank you all so much for stopping by and taking a look at what I've been working on.. I certainly hope this has inpired you to create a few layouts of your own using these new papers by Bo Bunny..
You can always check them out by clicking HERE.. 

and before I forget Stuck On U Sketches is hosting a Mini album swap and sign ups are till the 23rd of March..Do stop by there and join in on the fun...
Thank you all so much looking and hope you have great and creative week..
Hugs
Nanné :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Nanne. How you doing today? Love your pages .. pretty paper, yummy flowers and fab design. Happy you are scrapping your Dad. It's therapeutic though it does make ya' cry! Talk later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanne!! You must spend fortunes on flowers LOL! I so love your flower clusters. I have problms making them myself, so I will definnitly look to your blog for inspiration next time I am struggling!

    Love both layouts. The colors, the papers and everything. I can understand that the page with your dad was hard to do, but it is so precious, and I am sure it feels good to have done it!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving both layouts Nanne - the flower clusters are gorgeous. I empathise with how difficult the layout of your Dad must have been, I find the same when I scrap my Mum - it does get easier with time. But, my God, the ache never leaves - Mum died 25 years ago... Thinking of you... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nanne! These are both so wonderful...again, your floral pieces are divine! The way you lay them out, cluster them and the colors you put together are always so perfect and beautiful!
    Also the designs of each page are really good too, really look like they came way by using a sketch...
    the photos of course are amazing and though it was hard, I am sure the page of your Dad will be a treasure to you...and I am glad you made it and shared it with us!!!!

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete