March 2, 2011

Basic Grey "Green at Heart"-Generations Crafting

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week.. 
Floren over at Generations Crafting had asked me to create a few layouts using one of  Basic Greys older collections, and this one is the "Green At Heart!" collection..
Absolutely fantastic colors and I really had Spring in mind, but since I don't have many photos to go with Spring,I decided to use my daughters photos instead..LOL.. So, I have to put "spring" onto my "remember to take photos of!" list..LOL
So here is the first layout I created:




I absolutely adore this photo of my daughter Amber.. I think this layout will get framed some how..
and for some close ups:



Found a big white cake doily in the my stash and thought it would go perfectly with this layout.. then added some Pearl halves all around the inside of the circle.



Some of the title are computer generated and then the large letters are cut using my Cricut.



A small flower cluster I put together on the top corner..



and then the bottom flower cluster, which I made a big ribbon from the lace I used and added a hat pin through it, which I added a star shaped charm to since my daughter loves stars..
______________________________________________________________



And then for the other layout I made using this same colleciton, but the colors are completely different.. Thats what I like about buying the whole set.. you can get so many wonderful designs out of one stack..
and here is the layout:


I found this photo of my daughter and I thought her hair color went perfectly with these colors..LOL
Did some heat embossing on the corners and used Antique Rust embossing powder..
I did a lot of edge distressing on this layout !
and for some close ups:



close up of the title: I used my SCAL software to cut the title using my cricut.. I used brown cardstock and then sanded the edges a little..


Here is a close up of the embossed corners..
and I love making clusters of flowers.. LOL

I actually love both of these layouts, even though I'm not such a big fan of Orange..LOL  but with the soft flowers and leaves, it came out super sweet!!
Well ladies, that about does it for this post.. I hope you get a minute to stop by Generations Crafting and check out the great sales she is having..
Hugs
Nanné


10 comments:

  1. Again, beautiful work and I really like your flower clusters also. Want to say congrats at being choosen to join the Frosted Design team it will be great working with you-I'm pretty excited this is my first DT and kinda nervous but thrilled to have been choosen. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layouts, Nanne! Love the dozens of flowers and those gorgeous papers. Heat embossing on the corners.... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful layouts Nanne - LOVE the flower clusters. You always get them to sit perfectly.... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanne these layouts are amazing! And the photos are beyond gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nanné, thanks for visiting my blog. Your work takes my breath away, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nanne, GF, these are just outstanding! Seems like when you scrap Amber, you pull out all the stops! Hers are some of my favorite that you do .. of course, she's so gorgeous, I have to make myself look at your page LOL! Seriously brilliant use of GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the first one, it's soooo feminine and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nanne, both of your layouts are beautiful!!! Love, love, love your flowers and pearls!!! And your daughter is so photogenic and is sooo pretty!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..... both pages are FABULOUS!!!! Love the rays and the flowers on both are beautiful and so is your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful layouts Nanne, I do love your use of the beautiful Green at Heart papers - wonderful pictures of your daughter and so beautifully embellished!!

    So glad you could join us at Basic Grey,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete